Britebone is an online, cloud based platform developed by IdeAtics, that is able to connect physical products with a digital ‘profile’ containing unique information and providing capabilities to interact with products.
This solution can be used to grow revenue, improve the customer experience, provide enhanced analytics and develop long-lasting relationships.
Through labels on or in a physical product, equipped with a Near Field Communication (NFC) chip or a QR/barcode, a product can be easily scanned through the existing generation of smartphones. In that way information of that unique product can be requested, data can be exchanged (like location, the use or repair of a product) and communication can be established. Because the scanning is based on a smart, unique URL (Uniform Resource Locator), as patented by IdeAtics, it can be done by anyone, anywhere at any time. The Britebone Platform recognizes each and every scan linked to the unique URL, as well as it obtains a broad set of data from the smartphone through the application ID of the Britebone app.
Our Smart URL: Our patented tag scanning solution uses three important variables:
- Location; we program a URL in the tag, pointing to the exact location of object data on the Internet.
- Identification: we add the unique identifier of a tag (UID); which securely identifies the object.
- Task: we add a task to be performed by the server, resulting in relevant information.
We use these variables by programming a SMART URL in a NFC tag.
A SMART URL can look like this:
By adding placeholders like the [gps] to the URL we are able to not only identify the object, but also determine the physical location of the object, the scanning device and the user, thereby facilitating authentication and authorization.
- All known alternative methodologies are based on proprietary closed (application)solutions.
- No pre-installed vertical apps – just Tap the IdeAtics tag and our reader App takes care of authorization, and immediately initiates the correct brand application with all necessary relevant content and functionality
Our Smart IoT App:
- Reader app enriches the smart-URL and unique identifier from the NFC tag with context sensitive information (e.g. location, date/time, device/user data)
- Retrieves and displays personalized object data from Smart parcel cloud
- No pre-install needed when reading the NFC tag
- Auto download in case native app not present
- Based upon patented smart-URL technology
- Android App Since mid 2017
- iOS App Since mid 2018